The Institute of Digital Marketing (IDM Australia) delivers courses developed by the Digital Marketing Institute (DMI). The DMI Certification Framework defines the digital certification and progression routes available to students, professionals, educators and industry.
Institute Certifications Framework
The Digital Marketing Institute’s Certification Framework describes what a professional should know, understand and be able to do on the basis of a given certification level. A framework also demonstrates how learners can progress through higher levels of certification within a framework. Universities, colleges, training companies and employers in over 90 countries now implement certifications from the Digital Marketing Institute’s Certification Framework.
The Framework operates internationally and importantly also provides a basis for professional certifications within the Digital Sales & Marketing Industry. It allows students, educators and employers to easily understand a professional’s competency and assists in portability between countries or employers.
The Digital Marketing Institute Certification Framework provides a system around which the key stakeholders can gather – Students, Professionals, Educators and Employers. It allows all groups to understand the certification standards, the skills and competencies and modes of assessment and furthermore it relates these certifications to industry-specific roles and jobs. The certification is the currency that flows between these key stakeholder groups.
Objectives of the Framework
The objectives of the Digital Marketing Institute Certification Framework is to provide a contemporary and flexible system that:
- acts as a reference point for curriculum development that leads to a Digital Marketing Institute professional certification
- supports industry education pathways which provide access to certifications that allow individuals to move easily between different educators and industry roles
- defines a clear progression route for professionals
- supports and enhances the recognition of the value of Digital Marketing Institute certifications in the industry
- enables a level of alignment with other international certification and qualification frameworks
Digital Marketing Institute Industry Advisory Council
The Industry Advisory Council (formerly called the Syllabus Advisory Council), representing the world’s largest and most influential digital brands, validates all Digital Marketing Institute certification standards, syllabus, curriculum and assessment tools. By providing expert review and recommendations on a regular basis, the Council ensures that Digital Marketing Institute Certified Professionals have learned the most up to date digital skills, core competencies and knowledge needed to thrive in their digital careers.
The Industry Advisory Council’s role is to provide:
- Industry validation of the certifications through an iterative review process
- Industry policy advice on professional certifications
- maintain, monitor and promote the Digital Marketing Institute Certification Framework
- support the stakeholders and users of the framework – students, professionals, educator and employers
The Industry Advisory Council includes an independent chair (Dudley Dolan) and members from the digital industry, educators, employers and recruitment specialists, and policy makers.
The majority of our certifications are mapped to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) and are also defined in terms of their position within the EHEA.